Wednesday, January 13, 2010

On the Mountain of God, Where He Sees To It Gen 22:14

Sunday, 1.11.10

Today is the day I have prayed for, prayed never to come, prayed wouldn't be necessary, and prayed to get through and rest in Jesus! I got up this am and thought, " I can't do this. I can't leave my manchild with people I don't know!" I asked God to change my perspective. I asked Him to let me see this the way He sees this.. I reached for another book I had brought and opened it to a page where a mother was giving a story about leaving her 17 year old son in a chemical rehab facility. She said she kept an index card with this Scripture written on it... " I know the One in whom I trust, and I am sure that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until the day of his return." 2 Tim 1:12. WOW! God is so enough!

We got to Shelterwood about 9 am. Several inches of snow on the ground!

We met with Director, counselors, principal, and his house director. It was a good meeting. Critter shared his heart. We sense he is ready for Shelterwood. He went with the house director and got his stuff put in his room while we did enrollment stuff. Saying goodbye was coming and I just kept wishing time would stand still! We prayed, took pics of him in his dorm room and said "See you later" in his room and got in our car and left. I kept feeling I was forgetting something as we drove to the airport and I was - a 190 lb huge piece of my heart!

God had answered the biggest prayers we had ever prayed when He blessed us with Critter 18 years ago and now He working out our prayers for Critter again! Romans 8:28. As I was going to bed, I read Matt 10:37-39, "...anyone who loves their son or daughter more than Me..." I felt God saying to me, "Love Me - My plans, My Will, My Way more than your way, your wants..I will rest in You, Jesus.

No comments: