Sunday, January 24, 2010

Beautiful Feet! Isaiah 52:7

1.23.10
Saturday

We heard from Shelterwood yesterday! "How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger bringing good news,
breaking the news that all's well, proclaiming good times, announcing salvation, telling Zion, "Your God reigns!" Isaiah 52:7.

Critter is doing well! It as been over two weeks and he is embracing the opportunities for spiritual and personal growth at Shelterwood. He is doing well in his classes and getting to know the other students. He likes his "big" and has even done his own laundry! He is reading through the book Do Hard Things. Please pray God will breathe His plans and dreams into Critter's heart as he reads this book!

Isn't it great to get good news? You just want to share it! It is as if with each recounting of the good news, you are reliving your initial joy. Of course the best news of all is the news of the Gospel! The hope and salvation found only in Jesus Christ! We get to relive that forever and ever!

I thought about the joy that Shelterwood brought us today with the encouraging report on Critter's initial adjustment. I found myself so grateful for the encouragement. I thanked Jesus for His love and goodness! I did begin to wonder if my feet had been "beautiful" lately. Maybe it has been awhile since you have done a "beauty treatment" on your feet by sharing Jesus and what He has done in your life. I pray you will talk with Him about that. He tells us that His love, counsel, comfort and goodness are surely meant for us to experience and pass on. In 2 Corinthians 1:3-5 we are told, "All praise to the God and Father of our Master, Jesus the Messiah! Father of all mercy! God of all healing counsel! He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us."

It is hard to walk such a painful journey but God is so good. I pray my feet stay beautiful through these months of Critter becoming and that Jesus will make much of this path. A dear friend recommended an amazing book to me that I am devouring called The Grace of Catastrophe. The author refers to journaling as "tracking grace." I like that. I like that this blog will "track grace" in this journey. For today, we are as Romans 12:12 says, "Joyful in hope, patient in affliction and constant in prayer."

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Hello Teri, Its been years since I have seen or talked to you. We went to Church together in Blairsville. I was on Cindy's Blog and came across your Blog, about Your new Journey.Although I don't no any details about what your child is going through, I will be in Prayer for You and Your Family. My Family has been through something similar with My Husband in 2008. It can be a emotional roller coaster, You just have to do as you are and stay in Gods word for Direction. Thoughts and Prayers, Stacy