Wednesday, January 20, 2010

So that the power of Christ may rest upon me..2 Cor 12:9-10

1.20.10

Today is my sister's birthday. I took her to lunch. I smiled and we enjoyed our meal. Inside, I was crumbling. This is not the path I wanted for Critter. I want him here, with us. I want him checking out for Senior Lunches and painting the rock at midnight on the football field. I want him to be applying to colleges and us making college visits. I want him thinking about who he will ask to the Senior Prom. I am not going to get what I want. God has another plan. His plan has left me broken and weak. Yet, Jer 29:11 and Psalms 33:11 let me know that His plan is perfect and for our good!

I love the words to the song, "Your Grace is Sufficient for Me" by Shane and Shane.

Your grace is sufficient for me
Your strength is made perfect
When I am weak
And all that I cling to
I lay at Your feet
Your grace is sufficient for me

2 Cor 12:9-10 tells us, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." The Lord says that His grace is sufficient for me. Sufficient is one of those words that you think you know what they mean but the Greek, actual word is so much more. Sufficient in this verse means," to be possessed of an unfailing strength, to be enough." The Lord is enough.

When I am weak, the power of Christ will rest upon me and Jesus is enough. So for today, I will choose to be content with God's plan because He loves me with a perfect love, just as He loves Jesus (John 15:9) and He tells me that He is enough.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We love you! Just remember God gave you the courage to let Critter go so that Critter could fulfill God's plan, not our own. I know this is one of the toughest things you will ever have to face, but think of what God gave for us. We love you and will continue to pray for ya'll and for Critter.